Penn COVID-19 Response
All students are required to participate in the University's COVID-19 Screening Testing program, regardless of vaccination status, at the following intervals:
- All fully vaccinated students must test once every other week.
- Those with an approved COVID-19 vaccine exemption, and those who have not yet been fully vaccinated, must test twice a week.
Faculty, Postdocs, and Staff
Actions to Keep the Penn Community Healthy
The Penn community should remember that our decisions impact the lives and health of students, classmates, colleagues, and our West Philadelphia neighbors. The following public health measures remain our primary tools to minimize virus transmission:
- getting vaccinated
- wearing a mask while indoors, even if fully vaccinated (see the latest guidance)
- hand washing
- staying home when feeling sick
- completing daily PennOpen Pass symptom checker and exposure reporting
- Taking part in required Penn Cares Screening Testing
As part of Penn's comprehensive public health program, hundreds of institutional actions complement these essential individual behaviors, including extra cleaning and ventilation checks in campus buildings – the Office of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety is responsible for a range of campus safety programs including those for COVID-19.
PennOpen Pass is a daily symptom tracker and exposure reporting system designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading within the Penn community.