A Message to the Penn Community
May 11, 2022
We look forward to seeing you, in the days ahead, at the joyful celebrations of our graduates and gatherings of our community and alumni. We are writing, in this context, to remind everyone of basic steps that we can all take to minimize the risks of COVID-19 transmission, as we see rises in the number of cases in the Philadelphia area and on our campus. While there are no changes to our current policies, we encourage everyone to follow these precautions.
- Masks are strongly encouraged around others in all spaces.
- Gatherings and dining present a lesser risk of transmission when held outdoors.
- If there are meetings or events with food, we encourage you to distance from others while eating or drinking and to mask when not eating or drinking.
- Anyone attending an event indoors with food and drinks should consider taking a rapid test an hour or two before attending.
- If you have a sniffle or a scratchy throat, please mask and test, or consider staying home.
We thank all of you for your great work and partnership this term, and we wish you all the best for a wonderful end of the semester.
Wendell Pritchett, Interim President
Beth Winkelstein, Interim Provost
Craig Carnaroli, Senior Executive Vice President
J. Larry Jameson, Executive Vice President for the Health System