The University collects and shares aggregate results of faculty, postdocs, students, and staff who participate in the Penn Cares testing program. The data in the tables below represent summer participants starting May 16, 2021.
Beginning July 1, 2021, faculty, postdocs, students, and staff who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are exempt from weekly testing. In order to be exempt, faculty, postdocs, and staff must report their vaccinated status in Workday; students must report theirs in the Student Health portal.
The Penn Cares program is informed by the University’s profound respect for the impact its public health initiatives have on the health and safety of our friends, families, and neighbors.
- COVID-19 testing includes asymptomatic screening of faculty, postdocs, students, and staff who are unvaccinated and/or have not provided their vaccination documentation.
- Diagnostic testing is performed on members of the University community who report symptoms or close contacts through PennOpen Pass.
- Data in the results represent University-managed testing, primarily conducted on campus across three locations, including one site which tests symptomatic and close-contact individuals.
- The weekly update of Sunday-through-Saturday results is published every Tuesday morning.
- See also the Glossary of COVID-19 Terms, and access testing results of the 2021 spring semester and 2020 fall semester programs.
Encouragement to get fully vaccinated and regular screening of unvaccinated asymptomatic members of the University community now fuel the University's goal to reopen the campus for the 2021 fall semester. Rising vaccination rates and the gradual loosening of public health restrictions in our communities are positive signs, but together we need to maintain the life-saving habits we have honed over the past year.
City of Philadelphia COVID-19 Data
Previously Reported Data on Consequences of Campus Compact Violations
View previously reported consequences of violations of the Student Campus Compact (PDF) compiled by the Campus Compact Review Board, updated monthly.
Previously Reported Data
See testing results of the 2020 fall semester testing program.
See testing results of the 2021 spring semester testing program.