The University collects and shares aggregate results of faculty, postdocs, students, and staff who are on campus regularly and participate in the Penn Cares program. The data in the tables below represent summer session participants starting May 16, 2021.
The Penn Cares program is informed by the University’s profound respect for the impact its public health initiatives have on the health and safety of our friends, families, and neighbors.
- COVID-19 testing includes screening of asymptomatic faculty, postdocs, students, and staff who are on campus as well as diagnostic testing of members of the University community who report symptoms or close contacts through PennOpen Pass.
- The University requires students who reside on campus and who reside off campus in Philadelphia to participate.
- Data in the results represent University-managed testing, primarily conducted on campus across three locations, including one site which tests symptomatic and close-contact individuals.
- The weekly update of Sunday-through-Saturday results is published every Tuesday morning.
- See also the Glossary of COVID-19 Terms, and access testing results of the 2021 spring semester and 2020 fall semester programs.
Encouragement to get vaccinated and regular screening of asymptomatic people who are on campus now fuel the Penn community’s response to the pandemic. Rising vaccination rates and the gradual loosening of public health restrictions in our communities are positive signs, but together we need to maintain the life-saving habits we have honed over the past year.
City of Philadelphia COVID-19 Data
Data on Consequences of Campus Compact Violations
View consequences of violations of the Student Campus Compact (PDF) compiled by the Campus Compact Review Board, updated monthly.
Previously Reported Data
See testing results of the 2020 fall semester testing program.
See testing results of the 2021 spring semester testing program.