Participants in Penn Programs
As a participant in a Penn program, you agree to adhere to public health guidelines for wearing masks, physical distancing and hand washing and to do your part to keep our campus safe. Further, you agree to follow all federal, state, city, and University of Pennsylvania directives, policies, protocols, and procedures related to COVID-19. Violation of any such directives, policies, protocols and procedures may result in your removal from the program and a restriction from campus. You also understand that prior COVID-19 illness or vaccination against COVID-19 does not absolve you of following all public health guidance.
A vaccination, symptom check, and exposure reporting tool designed to reduce the risk of visitors spreading COVID-19 within the Penn community, PennOpen Campus is for use by University program participants, occasional visitors, vendors who are not regularly on campus, and non-badged contractors.
- Access PennOpen Campus each day on your mobile device or computer before arriving on campus. Your program may conduct a verbal attestation process on campus if you do not have a mobile device or computer.
- Complete your vaccination, symptom and exposure check. Answer these questions on the day of your visit before arriving on campus. Screening reduces the risk that any COVID-19 case could lead to infecting others on campus.
- When you report full vaccination against COVID-19, no symptoms, no recent contact with someone who may have COVID-19, and no recent positive test, you get a Green Pass. Stay home and contact your primary care provider if you do not get a Green Pass. A Green Pass is valid for one day only and contains a random, three-character code generated daily to help secure the integrity of the program.
- Show your Green Pass as requested on campus or at University-sponsored events. Wear a face mask, keep physical distance, wash hands, and follow other University public health directions, regardless of your vaccination status.
- You do not need to install PennOpen Campus on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. PennOpen Campus is a mobile friendly website that runs in your mobile device’s web browser, just like any other website that you would visit.
- If you are under 18 years of age, completing PennOpen Campus assumes your parents and/or guardians have provided consent in the Penn program in which you are involved.
- The University will not retain personally identifiable data entered in PennOpen Campus.
- Penn faculty, postdocs, staff, students, and enrolled vendors and contractors who routinely report to campus must continue to use their University credentials with traditional PennOpen Pass.